Posted on January 18, 2019
Who works and volunteers their time behind the scenes at The Crowd Versus? All different kinds of people do.
We have held jobs in the business and legal industries. We apply that knowledge to help create this online platform to support important cases worldwide achieve justice.
Sometimes that justice has been years due, sometimes more than twenty.
Belief in Justice for All
Jone van Rees enjoys an extensive background as a legal assistant, spanning over 14 years in various areas of jurisprudence. Her degree from Georgia State University in English rhetoric and ability to speak several languages is another one of her strengths. In 2015 she started her own business in copy edit and works as a coach with aspiring authors.
She is a creative individual who likes to play with words and images in languages.
“The judicial system can effect important changes in society, in a peaceful manner, to reflect the values and norms that ensure justice for all.”
According to Jone: “The belief in justice being achieved via the legal system represents part of my personal motivation to work and volunteer in human environmental justice. I love the law and all what it entails, how it touches all aspects of our lives. The best part of being in this position is that I also get to meet and help change the world with amazing people, like Kirsten Youens, Pablo Fajardo Mendoza, Susan Smitten, René Sanchéz Galindo, and other incredible activists and community leaders.
These are all outstanding attorneys and dedicated people who work long hours for little or no pay. And now I help run the backend of The Crowd Versus’s website to make this world a better place for those who come after us, the new generations.”
- Coordinate campaigns for The Crowd Versus, social media channels in different languages, website back-end
- Editor and coach for authors, founder of scriptumbene.com
- Volunteer Greenpeace PNW social media
- International Board member of scivias-institut.de
- Guide and administrative work at the Nederlands Tegelmuseum
- Legal assistant for various law firms in corporate, defense and plaintiff litigation in Atlanta, GA
- Secretary for business firms, also on a multi-national level